We have had an increase in reports of theft from vehicles in the area of Aldershot. Vans have been targeted and tools have been taken from within.
We please ask you to be vigilant and to report any suspicious activity, people or vehicles to the police by calling 101 or 999 if needed.
Please see below crime prevention advice relating to this type of incident.
Park your vehicle in a secure area (in a garage or behind locked gates, if possible).
• If you can’t, park in a well-lit street in easy view of your own or neighbours’ houses.
• Where possible, remove valuable items from the vehicle overnight and store them in a secure place.
• Do not leave tools or equipment on view inside the vehicle.
• Consider fitting an appropriate alarm system, protecting the cabin and load areas.
• Apply a security marking product to power tools and equipment (further details available on request). Alternatively, etch or emboss identifiable marks to these items.
• Consider installing secure storage containers or lockers in the van to store tools in.
• Ensure that the van doors are securely lockable and consider having suitable deadlocks installed.
• Make sure to physically check that the van doors and windows are locked if you have used the remote to lock the vehicle, even if the feedback indicates the van as locked.
• When visiting businesses, try to park close to the entrance and preferably in the view of CCTV
• Log your property for free at www.immobilise.com
Please contact the Neighbourhood Team if you would like a crime prevention pack.
Aldershot Neighbourhood Policing Team