Font Size A A A

How to report rural crime

Alert message sent 06/12/2017 14:01:00

Information sent on behalf of Thames Valley Police

If you become a victim of rural crime or suspect that a crime has taken place, you should report it to police by calling the non-emergency number, 101. If an incident is in progress, or there is an immediate threat to life, you should call 999.

Important details to note when reporting an incident include the date, time and details of what you have seen, along with a description of any people or vehicles involved. This aide memoire can be printed out and kept at home or in your vehicles for easy access in the event of an incident:

By reporting incidents to the police you can help to build resilience and reduce the impact of rural crime on your local community. There are often fewer witnesses to rural crimes and greater opportunities for criminals to target isolated properties and businesses. The effect of these crimes can also be greater, with people feeling more vulnerable due to their remote location.

Message sent by
Neil Hawkins (Police, Communications Officer, Forcewide)

Message tag words

Back to previous page
Click here to tweet this message to your followers

Discuss this alert message

Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).

The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to

The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service.