If you find it hard to communicate with Police or emergency services in Surrey. Surrey Police have a scheme that may help it is called Pegasus.
What is the Pegasus ‘Help Me Help You’ scheme?
• Pegasus is a database that helps people with certain disabilities and other vulnerable people, contact Surrey Police.
• The database contains details of
people with physical and learning
disabilities, or mental ill health problems, who have registered because they have difficulty giving their details when making contact.
• When you register with Pegasus you will be issued with a personal
identification number (PIN) you can use when calling the Police.
• When you make the call and use your Pegasus PIN, we can respond by getting your information from the database.
• This means that you don’t have to spend time giving your name and details and you can quickly get on with telling us why you called.
• Pegasus is not just about contacting the police by phone, you can also show your card to a police officer, member of police staff or other emergency services staff if you require assistance in person.
• When producing the card to someone in person, this will let the officer or
emergency services worker know that you may require additional help and
Who can register?
• Anyone who has a disability or
illness that may make it hard to
communicate with the police in an emergency or difficult situation can register for a Pegasus PIN.
• Registering for Pegasus is free and any information you give is held
• Every year, we will contact you and check with you that your details on the database are correct.
• You may change or update your details at any time.
• The information you give will be stored securely and will help us to give you the best possible service.
• If you ask us, we will share your Pegasus information with other
participating agencies e.g. Surrey Fire and Rescue, South East
Ambulance Service and local
If you think Pegasus could help you or someone you know, then you can find out more by using the contact details on the back of this leaflet.
Terms and Conditions
• Your information will be stored on a database that is owned by Surrey
• The database will be secure
• Only some people will be able to access it, including police officers and staff working within the Control Room
• We may share your details with other people, such as other emergency
services, to enable them to help you
• If you are under 18 years old then you must have your parent or
• Once a year we will write to you to check the information stored in the
database is correct.
If you think this would help please speak to your local teams, go to your local front counter to collect an application form